PERFORMER NOTES – please read
SongFest venues are community facilities, religious and spiritual spaces.
We ask that you consider this above all else when you enter them.
Location and Parking
- Refer to the Venue Map on the website to orientate yourself within Dunsborough
- Familiarise yourself with the location and the time of your performance
- Limited parking around the SongFest precinct, check the map for parking options
- Most venues except the Primary School Hall are within 12 minutes walking from the Old Dunsborough Hall
- Consider car-pooling over the SongFest weekend OR even bring your bike!
- No stillettos at Our Lady of the Cape Primary School Hall venue
Entry by ID Band only
- You will have been given a wrist ID band by your choir director prior to the weekend
- Wear it at all times – even in the shower!
- If you lose it – go to the BOX OFFICE on Fri night or Saturday morning to collect a new one
- The BOX OFFICE volunteer staff has a list of all registered names, you may be asked for your ID
- Your weekend pass gets you into everything free – make the most of it! There is an incredible array of singing workshops to choose from – check them out!
- Volunteers at all venue doors will check on ID bands for entry
- Public tickets for individual workshops and concerts are available at the door
- All SongFest Saturday afternoon concerts can be accessed using the same ticket
- Please do not ask the door volunteers to allow a friend/family etc in, to just watch your performance
- Everyone associated with SongFest is a Volunteer; coordinators, media officers, concert managers, MCs, door staff and box office
- All attempt to make the weekend a happy and fun experience, sharing in fellowship around music
- Many are from the local Dunsborough community and love being a part of SongFest
- Each year there are opportunities to volunteer. Talk to us about helping out!
Food & Water
- No food or hot beverages into the church venues, or the Saturday night concert venue
- Water bottles are acceptable in the church venues
- Food is acceptable in the Old Dunsborough Hall and Family Centre
- You will be given the contact details of your concert manager
- Before the weekend, please contact them regarding any specific stage requirements
- If you are providing your own equipment please note that all electrical equipment must be tagged and comply with WA OHS laws
- A vital part of SongFest is for all choirs to support their fellow choirs. We call this SONGFEST ETIQUETTE
- Choirs performing in Saturday afternoon concerts are asked to remain in that venue for the entire concert
- All choirs must be seated in the audience inside the venue, 10 minutes before their concert start time
- All choirs must have rehearsed / warmed up prior to being seated in the audience
- After performing, choirs must return to the audience and stay to watch the rest of the concert
- Door staff will not let people into the audience during a song, only between songs
- Please note that your schedule performance time includes the time you take to changeover
Merchandise Sales – If you are selling merchandise PLEASE:
- Provide your own float, secure container, contact details and details of merchandise you are selling
- It can be placed on an unattended table or within the BOX OFFICE for safe keeping
- Have your own sales attendant, SongFest does not provide sales support
- SongFest will not be held responsible for any unaccounted items